Friday 15 February 2013

Got me a client/ Invites

A few weeks ago I posted on Facebook that I was looking to work with people to gain some experience with working on a live brief with a real client. I got quite a few responses which I managed to narrow down. One guy asked if I could make him some business cards as he's starting up as a personal trainer, the first thing I asked was his budget and I was nearly sick at his response!

'well they are generally quite expensive arent they but vista print are doing 250 for £2.99 plus p&p basically thats pretty much my budget'

Oh my golly gosh. I told him unfortunately I wouldnt be able to work with him and I wish him every success in the future if hes going to try and get business from using shitty vista print business cards!

I also had a girl ask me if I could make her some 21st birthday invites, which I accepted. I asked her everything I needed to know and she gave me quite a refined idea of what she wanted, which I guess is good. The best thing though had to be the fact she knew that print can be expensive and just told me to let her know how much it'll cost. #winning.

Here are her requirements that I will be working to


  • A5 sized but slightly slimmer so the invite looks narrow
  • Light pink stock
  • Purple text
  • Emily's 21st across the top of the invite
  • Image provided centered underneath Emily's 21st
  • All of the party info underneath the image provided
  • Around 75 invites
  • Deadline February 28th
I've been staying in contact with Emily and aim to have everything done for her by the 28th of February. I have asked her if I can give her some design ideas by next Frdiay (22nd February) and then make any tweaks and print them out.



This brief will be an additional brief that I will submit as part of FMP.

No comments:

Post a Comment