Friday 15 February 2013

YCN UK Greetings Card concept re jig

So Ive been thinking about the concept for this brief as my original idea is becoming really hard to develop. I have already done something for this brief in the last module but it was a different concept, I really wanted to develop it further for my FMP but we cant re submit anything we've already done. So what Im thinking is to use a similar style of the Natures Little Critters brief and create some stuff about love?

I really love working in that style of illustration and see no harm in creating something similar to what I already had. I think in a way its a good thing because it means I have found an approach to design that I enjoy and Im good at. This may also mean that I can submit the whole lot to YCN rather than deciding between the two different concepts.

Here are some examples of the types of thing I would be designing


This one came from a quick idea and it didnt take me long to draw up. I want to use puns like the other cards I designed that link to the imagery. This one is 'hooked on your love' and the image is a fish hooked on a line. I really love how simple they are and how light hearted they are. The red heart would be some what of a running theme, this would be foiled on the designs to add detail. But the main focus of the cards would be the design and not so much the printing.


This one is another quick design that I think really works, in fact I gave it to my boyfriend for Valentines Day. It says 'Im sticking with you' and there is a pritt stick and a tube of super glue to represent the sticking. Again I think its a really cute card that visually works really well. The red heart is on there again so that all of the designs link together. I really want and need to develop this into a substantial amount of work so Im going to be designing gift bags, gift wrap, tags ect but also really try and focus on the branding, packaging and POS of the product range so I can fully understand how a product sale works in a shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment