Tuesday 19 February 2013

The start of a new brief/ Swatch

Tuesday 19th February (TODAY) I am starting a new brief to try and get back into the swing of things ahead of the crit in 2 days time. I am going to start my Swatch Limited Edition brief as it involves packaging which I seem to enjoy quite a lot.

I have decided on a theme for my watches and packaging which is black and white doodle. I have started to draw out some doodles using different shapes and using a black fine liner. I want the patterns to have quite a hipster feel to them, kind of like the fashion trends at the moment. The watches and packaging will have quite a loose feel to them in terms of the packaging design. The outer packaging will reflect the watch design inside. I was thinking of have the packaging quite elaborate and busy and the watch face would have a similar design, I want to keep the watch itself simple in comparison to the packaging so the two compliment one another.

I am going to be designing 3 Swatch Limited Edition designs and then create a logo for the range as well as POS and maybe some advertising.

I would like to create a range that would be aimed at 16-23 year olds who love fashion and quirky things, I'm thinking of aiming at a market who would shop at Urban Outfitters and other shops like this. The designs need to be quite raw and urban to fit in with my target audience.

Now I've drawn out my doodles I need to scan them in and vector them in Illustrator so I can start to apply them to the packaging and watch faces.

The shapes that I decided to use are basic shapes, a triangle, square and circle, I have made like a doodled repeated pattern that kind of makes your eyes go funny. They look very doodled and loose which is what I was aiming for. After I have sorted these out ready to apply to things I will need to start looking at different ways in which I can manipulate the standard packaging into something more fitting and quirky.

ADD PICTURES OF DOODLES HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment