Thursday 17 January 2013

Lego developing a concept

After having a group tutorial to talk about our briefs and any initial ideas I spoke about the Lego brief and the initial ideas that I had. The kind of concept that I wanted to aim for was something about building dreams, someone then said they thought Lego was very nostalgic. Due to the fact that Lego has been around for so long, most people played it when they were kids.

I want to try and create a campaign aimed at adults and take a look back at them as children to what they used to build and has it made them into who they are today. You can literally build anything with Lego and the only limit of it is your own imagination, I want to try and get this across and get adults to feel like kids again and enjoy Lego.

My boyfriend has a load of Lego at his parents house from when he was a kid, so we went round and got it out. There was a big box full so we tipped it out on the floor and started to build. He's like a big kid and loves playing with Lego. He had some instructions on how to build things so I had a look and built a helicopter. I didnt stick to the instructions too closely as I wanted to use my imagination. It took me nearly two hours to build it. I think the best part was finding all of the little pieces, the noise, although quite loud, is very comforting.

I mentioned to his mum that we should have a Lego party which at first everyone laughed at, but after thinking about they seemed to think it was a good idea. A few drinks and a night of building and acting like a kid again, what adult doesnt dream of this??

His mum took some photos of me and my boyfriend playing with the Lego and some of my boyfriend building his Lego VW Camper van I got him for Christmas, with his brother.







No comments:

Post a Comment