Tuesday 15 January 2013

Paper Crafting brief initial ideas/ DROPPED BRIEF


Paper Crafting brief initial ideas:

I had a few issues to begin with with this brief as I wasnt sure what I wanted to do. I just knew that I wanted to do something that used paper and was exciting and fun. At first I had the idea of making 1000 Origami Cranes using different paper stocks, but I soon realised I was crazy. 

With that idea I realised that it wouldnt be practical and I also dont actually know what id get out of it apart from aching hands.

I then done some research through looking at paper crafting books from the library, I came across one that was filled with amazing installations made of paper. So I then thought it would be really cool to make a paper installation. But at this point in time I couldnt think of a context for my work in the big wide world. I spoke to the girls about it and they mentioned shop window displays, which then made me think of Harvey Nichols window displays which are beautiful!

So hey presto I think I am going to make some shop window displays. I came up with the idea of making 4 sets of displays that will be based around the concept of seasons. I will continue to develop ideas and also talk to my peers and tutors about my ideas to see what they think.


No comments:

Post a Comment