Tuesday 8 January 2013

Year Book Mail out ideas


















http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-4-pointed-star.html

An idea for another method of delivery for the year book was to design a mail out. We needed the mail out to link to our concept and fit with the design of all our other materials. I came up with the idea of using Origami to make something that could be handed out and posted that would be fun and interactive. I found these shapes that are like the toy windmills you can find at seasides. I thought it would be a good idea to use the concept of the windmills being fun and moving fast together with our concept of work hard play hard. The windmills will be used in the photographs of the year group for the actual year book to link the mail out and the year book together.

We discussed colour between us for the outside of the windmills and came up with the idea of having our own chosen colour on the windmills and it could be used as a piece of self promotion. The whole idea of this is to keep everything light hearted and fun, because we have always been told to have fun throughout the duration of the course.


I always remember windmills being very colourful, so to start with I used rainbow colours to get across my idea. The first thing they said was that it reminded them of Gay Pride. Not the best start, I then used our own colours as mentioned above.













This is Kirsty A's layout for her windmill, this is her favourite colour. The colour will be on the outside whilst the black will be inside so that it can be opened up and people can interact with it. The windmill plays as an invite too so it has the details of the end of year show on it.













This is my favourite colour which I have used for my windmill.

The two colours that have been used are:

Orange: e8632e
Blue: 49b7d1

The size of the windmills will be based on a 210x210mm square, the same format as the year book.

No comments:

Post a Comment