Tuesday 19 March 2013

Geek Table/ Brief Four

For the fourth Geek Table brief we had to design something that represented our alter ego. It took me ages to think of something, I even asked my friends and boyfriend what they thought. In the end I decided that I would be an amazing house wife. As much as I'd hate to stay at home and clean all the time, I know I'd be the best damn house wife ever!

I do almost everything for my boyfriend like washing and ironing, cleaning, cooking, I am just so domesticated. I dont do it because I have to or even because he asks me to, I do it because I love to look after him and help people.

Here is my response:





I wanted to create something like a business card, so I started off by designing a logo for my alter ego. I wanted to keep it fairly simple. I have experimented with different typefaces and layouts. I think the two typefaces I have chosen work well, the top typeface is Champagne and Limousines and the other is  Dawning of a new day. The house type is meant to be quite elegant and clean, much like a house wife's home and the wife type is meant to almost be like a signiture. You are only known as a house wife, you become one with the house, this is why the two words are joined together, to visually represent the commitment a house wife has to her home.

I tried out different ways of representing the house and liked the idea of a simple shape to visually show a home.



This is one of the final ideas I came up with. The colours and stripes are meant to represent luxury and wealth, almost like suede curtains.


This is the final idea, what I was thinking with the house outline was to cut it out and then cut across the two angular lines at the top of the design to shape it into a house. Right at the bottom of the design it says 'At the altar, ego', this is a play on words of wedding altar's and ego's. What I was trying to say is that at the wedding altar you become another person, being a house wife will be your 'altar/alter ego'.




No comments:

Post a Comment