Tuesday 19 March 2013

Geek Table/ Brief Three

Here is my response to the third Geek Table brief which was all about guilty pleasures. This one was probably the easiest for me, its simple, my guilty pleasure is chocolate.

My favourite would have to be Cadbury's, its so smooth and creamy. This is what gave me my great idea. I was going to use the Cadbury logo and packaging to represent my guilty pleasure.

Here's how:




First off I hand drew the word guilty in the same style as the Cadbury logo. I tried to make it as similar as possible which I think worked pretty well. I then used the word pleasure in replacement for Dairy Milk. I tried out the word on a waved line like Cadbury does. I wanted my design to be exactly the same as Cadbury's to visually communicate my idea.


There was a restriction on this brief of working on 210x210 square. This wasnt ideal for my design so what I have done is made a square poster with my design on it and then below is a net for a bar of chocolate.


This bar is almost a replica of Cadbury's Dairy Milk, which is intentional (I am not plagiarising, because I am making it clear that the intention was to play on Cadbury's packaging design and logo).

ADD FINAL BAR PHOTO HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment