Tuesday 5 March 2013

UK Greetings Cards/ The illustrations


The illustrations have been made from free hand drawing on Illustrator using the pen tool. I wanted them to look hand drawn and very free. They have been kept pretty simple as I wanted the designs to be more about the representation of the pun rather than an elaborate design, which I think works really well.

All of the puns are based on love and the image representing them is random in terms of the objects used, there is no direct link through the images other than love.

The fish pun is 'hooked on your love', so the fish is hooked onto a hook. (I am hoping I have communicated this clearly, it is pretty obvious)


The calculator is a love sum, which again is pretty easy to understand.


This one is my favourite design and the one I thought up first, its two different types of glue which obviously stick things. This one is inspired by the song 'Sticking with you' which my boyfriend always plays to me :)


The key is again a pretty simple concept to understand.

(I am so loved up at the moment that I am just loving this brief)

No comments:

Post a Comment