Monday 11 March 2013

UK Greetings Cards/ Gift wrap designs




Screen shots of the original designs for my gift wrap.


With my gift wrap designs I wanted to keep them in line with the concept of love hearts and allow them to link with the design of my cards. The little love heart that has been used in the greeting cards designs and the logo have been used to create 4 different gift wrap designs. I wanted to keep them fairly simple and very love hearty. This one is using a lot more negative space and a range of sized love hearts. I didnt want them all to look too similar even though they are all using the love heart.


This design has used the logo for the range and the love hearts. I think this one works well because it uses words and also imagery which makes it different from the others. It also means that it links well to the logo and the rest of the range making it easily recognisable when it comes to someone purchasing several products from the range.


The hearts on this design are again slightly larger to mix it up a bit. I have used the coloured and stroked version of the heart to make a pattern.


This one is pretty simple, its the original love heart make into a repeated pattern.

I have been thinking about how I could further make use of these designs and ways in which I could print them to make more products. Something Ive been considering is tissue paper and gift boxes. Tissue paper might be hard for me to make but Im going to give it a go. 

I have also been thinking what kind of stock to print on which Im still a little unsure about. I want something with a low GSM but not so its transparent. I went to Hobby Craft and found a textured paper that had fibres in it which printed out really well, the only problem is that it doesnt stick too well with cellotape which is realistically no good for gift wrap. I am thinking of printing onto bulky news print which is thick enough not to see through but also thin enough to cellotape.


This is one of the designs printed onto the textured paper, it looks nice but it just wont work!


No comments:

Post a Comment