Tuesday 5 March 2013

UK Greetings Cards/ The final idea

So after umming and ahhhing about what concept I was going to go for for this brief, I have finally decided with the help of the first crit. I asked people what they thought about the type concept about what people love about their partners and the other which is cute illustrations (carries on a little from OUGD301 brief 'Natures Little Critters'.

The concept that everyone seemed to like the most and they said worked better was the illustration concept, which I am now going to be pushing till the end.

For this brief I will be designing a range of 4 greetings cards about love, they will be using a simple illustration approach to represent the puns on the front of the card. The design approach is one I took from a previous brief that I wanted to continue and develop for my portfolio as it is something I enjoy doing.

So I am going to be extending the YCN brief and designing a few more bits and bobs to go with the cards to make this brief more substantial for hand in. I am going to be making the cards, the envelopes (which are Origami folding hearts), gift wrap, gift tags and POS.

The POS will be a bigish part of this brief as its packaging related which is something I am trying to push in my portfolio. It will also be good for me to look at retail graphics and POS material.

So just to clarify the details:


  • The concept of the brief is about love.
  • I will be designing a range of products.
  • I will be designing POS for the range.
  • My target audience is 16-24 year olds (I think my designs would attract a male and female audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment