Thursday 18 April 2013

Design Context/ Research response

So I emailed out a bunch of very carefully thought out questions to some packaging design studios that inspire me, I wanted to find out what it was that loved about packaging and what made them want to become part of the industry.

Here are the questions I sent out:





I have sent them out to these design studios so far:


  • Robot Food
  • B and B studio
  • Motion
  • Toast Design
  • Pearl Fisher
  • Together Design
  • JKR Global


Below is the response I got from Robot Food (who are now my friends and like to help me :)):


Hi Kirsty,

Hope this helps:

1) The most important thing is that the design compliments and promotes the product proposition. 

2) I've always had an interest in brands and regretted not focusing on a creative career, so felt it was time to make a change.

3) The best thing about being a packaging designer is seeing your work on shelf. The best thing about a piece of packaging design is that it adds value to an item. Opening packaging is the best part of a purchase experience, weather breaking the seal on a new jar of coffee, or opening an iPhone box.

4) I get excited about simple ideas and the best designs are when the proposition meets the packaging design. On my inspiration shelf I have a pack of high-end wooden cocktail sticks called 'Posh Pricks'.

5) Research, experience and a little bit of magic.

All the best,

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment