Tuesday 16 April 2013

Frui Treatment/ Logo Development

After looking over my logos I have managed to select three that I feel I could do with some feedback on and develop further.


This is the one that I am liking the most. The idea behind it was to separate the words fruit and treatment so it didnt end up making some stupid word that no one could understand. Frui on its own can be used as a nick name for the hair care products and when its said as Frui Treatment, it sounds like fruit treatment. It looks better visually and also as a brand name.


With this one I tried out a different layout, but there is something unbalanced about it. The word treatment being a longer word means that it is standing out more than the word Frui, which doesnt make any sense.


This is the first logo that I chose out of the many I had designed. It looks ok but the fact that its harder to read means that I probably wont be using it.


I took these three designs to Robot Food along with another brief so that I could get feedback. Here are a fewer pointers they made:
  • The first thing they said was that the third logo here reminded them of Innocent Smoothie, which wasnt at all what I was going for.
  • The first logo was their favourite and the one they thought worked best. 
  • They said I should make the fruit bigger so that the type and illustration line up together.
  • Each different product should have a different fruit above the logo to give variation.
  • Think of a better tag line as I dont need to have the word treatment in the logo and the tag line.
They helped me with the tagline and thought of one 'Natural Nourishment', so it was clear that the natural ingredients (fruit) nourished your hair.

I have decided to take the first logo further as myself and Robot Food felt it worked the best and had room for development.




No comments:

Post a Comment