Tuesday 14 May 2013

Swatch/ Gift bags

As part of the extension of this brief that I am doing after speaking to Fred in my tutorial, I am going to be making POS and bags that the products would go in once they have been bought.

I was lucky enough to be given a spare print slot by Will on Monday, but found out at very short notice so had to put together the bags pretty quick. At first I was going to mock them up because I wouldnt have had time to print them on A2. I designed them pretty quickly but made sure they were what I needed.

Here are the nets:




The net I have used here is one I used for the UK Greetings cards brief, so I knew it worked. The bags would be double sided with the doodle pattern on the inside and a block colour on the outside with the logo. The design of the bag links directly to the watch packaging and they will be printed onto cartridge paper as its a good weight and doesnt have much texture to it.

I printed the bags out and then realised I had made a big mistake, I hadnt reflected one side of the bag, so the logo didnt align with the other side of the bag. This was so frustrating because it cost me money and time, I tried to fix the problem with the help of Sarah P and her clever mind, but it failed. The plan was to re draw the net on the inside so the front would line up, but it just confused me so much. I folded it in all the wrong places and they were just ruined.







I then made the decision to mock the bags up using Illustrator, they would look better and it would save me trying to make the bags physically again.


These are the final mock ups for the bags that would be used in Urban Outfitters for the Swatch Doodle watches. They would be printed onto a similar stock to the packaging which is a matte stock but I would use a lighter weight. The handles would be ribbons, the same as the packaging.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment