Tuesday 14 May 2013

Swatch/ Shop product display

I have proposed to launch the new Swatch Doodle watches in Urban Outfitters as the the people that shop there are the ones I am targeting with my products. I have been mocking up some in store displays for how the watches would be set up in shop with the promotional material. I wanted something that would be interactive like the packaging, so came up with the idea of having the display as something that could be drawn on. The purpose of this concept would be solely for the launch party and then the wall would be painted over. I think it would make the launch event a lot more fun and it will engage with my target audience. I also think that many people who shop in Urban Outfitters are quite creative, so there is potential for some cool doodles to be drawn on the wall.



These are two designs for the in store POS for the Swatch Doodle watches. The idea was to have a large wall space that people could doodle onto to make it more interactive, as this is part of the concept of the brief. I think that using the light grey wall works well in contrast to the bright colours of the packaging, it helps them to stand out even more. I wanted the watches to either be on shelves or large stands that were fixed to the wall. I think the top ones works better because it allows room for people to doodle on the wall but still reach the products. These are obviously just proposals at the moment and I have to bear in mind the space that would be available for a display in different sized shops. This idea could maybe just be for larger, flagship stores who have more space to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment