Wednesday 8 May 2013

Swatch/ Logo development

I have been looking at different typefaces for my logo for Doodle and decided on the name. The name is going to be Doodle as its an obvious name and clearly represents the concept behind the designs and Limited edition range. I tried to find fonts that looked like they had been doodled, so went on DaFont on the hunt.


This is the type that I had used as an example on one of the first initial packaging ideas and I mentioned previously that the O is too square for the what I need it to be. Although I do really like the style of the type and how it looks hand drawn.


I really liked this one but felt that the O was too elongated, its trying to find a typeface that has a round O but has a good doodle quality to it.


Again I think the doodle style of the type works well but the O is too oval, this one also looks a bit too neat.


The stroke on this one is a bit too weighty but the style of it works well for what I need it for. Getting closer.


I liked the scattiness of this one but feel its a bit too complicated for my designs.


This one works well, it looks very doodled and I like how the letters appear to have an outline but the scribbles are going out of the lines.


The letter O is perfect on this typeface but Im just not sure if it looks doodly enough.



Then I found this beauty, it has the two above's best qualities and is exactly what I was looking for. The letter O is round enough and the doodleness is perfect. This typeface is called PWScratched Font and it was downloaded from DaFont.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment